
Of all the parenting books I read while pregnant and during Charlie's first year of life in preparation of becoming a parent, one book that never crossed my mind to read was the Driver's Manual.
Boy, would that have come in handy these days.
Charlie's "latest", as I've come to term his phases, is requiring that I define for him every road sign he sees. And I mean e-v-e-r-y sign. As a driver, you would be amazed at how little you actually know. Particularly when you have to come up with an exact definition that a very particular almost-four-year-old will accept as accurate and understandable.
Gotta run, I have some studying to do...

Maybe this is a phase? The girls are doing EXACTLY the same thing! Then they ask things like "Why are no trucks allowed on this road..." Hey - I wanted to chat with you about a cake for the girls' birthday. Do you have my email?
ReplyDeleteMINE TOO! Street signs, speed limit signs, no walking signs. Can I borrow the manual?
ReplyDelete