Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dear Anna,


My precious baby girl. This weekend you turned one year old. It hardly seems like 12 months ago that I was carrying you inside me, wondering. Wondering what your little personality would be like. Wondering what kind of addition you would be to our family. Where you would fit.
I could never have dreamed how amazing you would be.
You are smart and beautiful and patient and loving. You watch the world and take everything in. You are a people reader and I often catch you intently watching my face to read my reaction to a situation.
You love to look at books and rock your dolls. And you love to play with your brother's cars, but only the ones he doesn't want you to play with.
You have a knack for doing something you know will upset him, and then playing the pity card when he gets upset.
But you love him fiercely. When you first see him in the morning you flail and kick your arms in excitement. You love to roughhouse with him. You will take a lot, but when you've had enough, you aren't afraid to let it be known. You are feisty.
I love everything about you. I love your smell. I love your chubby little cheeks and your pudgy little toes. I love the two tiny red birthmarks on your belly. I love the way your top lip curls when you smile.
I love the way you crawl, the way you laugh, the way you babble, and the way you lie your head on my shoulder at night after you have finished your bedtime bottle. It's my favorite part of the day.
You complete the family I have always dreamed of, my precious Anna. My daughter, my friend for life.
Happy birthday to my beautiful angel.

2 comments:

  1. Oh E we miss y'all so bad! I know she has changed so much and we cannot wait to see y'all!!! Cannot wait to see the bday party pics too!!!!! Love you Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing mother! You have two lucky kiddos!

    ReplyDelete