Thursday, June 11, 2009

School's Out!

My very first baby finished his first year of preschool today. It seems like 20 minutes ago I left a newborn Anna sleeping with her Daddy to drive my sweet boy to his first day. I remember the way his bookbag, packed tight with diapers and wipes, seemed to swallow him as his trudged up the sidewalk holding tightly to my hand. And I remember the way my stomach was doing flip-flops as I waved goodbye and walked away.
He didn't shed a tear.
So much has changed in these past ten months. No more diapers. He talks A LOT, saying things I wasn't even aware he knew. He asks about his friends, sleeps in a big boy bed, and jumps at the chance to go to a playmate's house without me.
He's growing up. Too fast.
But he will always be my baby.

Here he is on the first day, still sporting a pudgy baby face.

And here his is today, all little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment