Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bringing Back the Blog

There was a time, just months ago, that blogging about the "ins and outs" of life with my two little ones was second nature. A near-daily occurrence. Like folding a load of laundry or making a box of Kraft.
But, somewhere along the way, it slipped away from me. I never made a conscious decision to stop blogging, the days just piled up between posts until coming back seemed too daunting a task. How to make up for all the lost memories? All the words Anna has learned to say? All the hilarious thoughts Charlie has shared? All the precious moments of watching them grow into inseparable siblings?
Then it occurred to me: I didn't just stop blogging...I stopped remembering.
There is something about being a mother that makes you think you could never forget that cute little way the "r's" are pronounced as "w's". Or how amazing it feels to celebrate the Christmas season with a four year old.
But, the truth is, you do forget. Looking back over old posts this evening, it amazes me how little I remembered. What an incredible gift I have given myself to have these memories of life when my children are young, under my roof, under my wing.
I don't want to forget this. Mostly because I don't think it can get any better than having every day with my two children and my husband.
So, I am back. With a resolution a little early this year: Don't let these memories slip. Put them into words the best you can, so you can all carry a piece of this precious time together.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! I have been missing you.....and your blog!

    ReplyDelete