Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finally!!

To say that my Charlie is a creature of habit is a gross understatement. This child breathes predictability and routine. In some ways I covet this trait (perhaps because he got it from me?), but in others, such as when it comes to diapers and cribs, I find it challenging at best. Although the diaper thing got old, umm...say, a year ago?, I had no problem with the fact that my over-three-year-old flat out refused to join his pre-school peers in sleeping in a "big boy bed". After all, I never had to fuss with a not-yet-verbal toddler who couldn't understand why scaling the rails of the crib in the middle of the night was a bad idea. Thought never even crossed his mind. But when I crept into his room one night last week to watch him sleeping (something I used to love to do every night before we added another kid to the mix and I began to sprint to my bed at the first thought of sleep), I was shocked at what I found. Within that beautiful, pristine white, sleigh crib with blue and white gingham bumpers and matching sheet, I found that my little blue bundle of baby had become a full-grown, lean and lanky kid. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? Not only did it look strange, but it also looked just plain uncomfortable. That's when I decided we had to make "the move". So, a little stickers, ice cream, and a Ramone car from the beloved movie Cars bribery later, I have one big-boy-bed sleeping man. Hurray!! He is so proud of himself and tells everyone we pass the great news. I am proud of my big boy, too. Now if we could just do something about those diapers...


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Charlie!!! I'm so proud of him and it sounded like it went pretty smoothly! Did you rearrange his room? It looks like the bed is now in front of the window. It was so great to catch up the other day! I just can't tell you how much I miss you!

    ReplyDelete