Sunday, January 25, 2009

Potty Stories

I honestly can't even believe I am writing these words, but... we are officially potty training (note I did not write trained). Last week after changing what can only be described as an adult dirty diaper, I decided it was time. After an amount of bribing that would make any early childhood developmentalist cringe, and a marathon of potty -sitting (an hour and a half to be exact) we broke the tee-tee-in-the-potty barrier! We then threw a "potty party" complete with a cake (light blue, of course) and presents for the big boy of the hour. After a week of pull-ups and pottying here and there, we decided to take it to the next level this weekend and try out the big boy underwear. With only one accident in 24 hours, I am one proud mama!! Though we have a long way to go to being "potty trained", I can finally see the light at the end of the Pampers tunnel...hurray!


Anna showing the Big Brother than when it comes to sitting on the potty, there's nothing to it!



Anna helping Mommy bake Charlie's potty party cake while he played at Mamun's.

For the sake of Charlie's dignity, I didn't post any potty pics of him...I'll have to save those glorious images only in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment