Sunday, January 4, 2009

You Know What They Say About the Apple and the Tree...

So, my wonderfully, amazingly spectacular husband has but one tiny flaw...his size 15 feet. And it isn't so much the feet that are the problem, but the impossible-to-break habit he has acquired of leaving his size 15 shoes/snow skis scattered ever-so-conspicuously about the house. I would be lying if I said it wasn't a regular occurrence to find me shouting choice words (that I pray my three-year-old will not practice at school or church) as I ungracefully fight not to land face-first on the hardwoods after inevitably tripping over one of the strategically placed shoes. That said, you can imagine my mix of emotions as I happened upon the cutest and most disturbing picture. Charlie had just gotten some new "winter crocs" (of which I was a HUGE fan since he doesn't need help putting them on or taking them off) and had been cruising about the house in them all morning. He had become rather diligent about putting his shoes in the enormous shoe basket I placed downstairs in hopes that Will would catch on that I want him to place his shoes inside the basket when he isn't wearing them. So when I found Charlie's new crocs carefully lined up next to his Daddy's matching pair in the middle of the kitchen floor, I had to both laugh and sigh. Men...

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you!! Now, my husband's feet are quite as big, but he does the same thing! The worst part is our little girl likes to chew on them!! (Gross!!!) I love the photos of the cousins together. Looks, and sounds, like you all had a blast! And I love the Cars pj's. We saw those all Christmas too! I could just squeeze those boys they are so funny!! Anna is adorable with those big shiny cheeks. Our little girl has the same ones. (This is Kyle's sister by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that might be my favorite picture I have seen!!! That is hysterical and waaaay too cute to get mad at!:)
    I just now got on the computer since we have been home. I should have known you would be way better at blogging than me! Your posts are all sooo good!
    I love you and miss you all!!!!
    I am still sad we are not there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo funny! Aren't you just glad that Charlie is wearing the crocs! :-)

    ReplyDelete