Today was one of those days during which I thought to myself that if I had known 10 years ago how my life would be 10 years down the road, I wouldn't have believed it. Too good to be true.
The kids and I had nothing on the agenda and spent the day doing nothing in particular at all.
While Anna took her morning nap, Charlie and I played "store" (during which he insisted to be the "buyer man", a.k.a cashier, the entire time and I let the lesson of taking turns pass us by) and he helped me fold laundry. We laughed a lot. The day was off to a great start.
When Anna got up, we had lunch and then headed to Target. On the way into the parking lot, we passed a car wash at a gas station. And this was one of those car washes that fascinated Charlie, because the people stay in the car (I'm an AutoBell fan). After a long discussion on how the seats, radio, and riders do not get wet, I promised him we would go through on the way out. So I kept my promise and payed $5.99 to have a high-powered garden hose squirt my car for a few minutes. But it was totally worth it. Both kids were in awe for 3 minutes and 27 seconds, which turns out to be a pretty cheap thrill.
After the car wash, we headed to Stone Cold Creamery where Charlie generously shared his electric blue cotton candy flavored ice cream with sprinkles with Anna. Yuck.
After ice cream, we headed out to the fountains to roam around for awhile. Anna can walk now holding just one hand and greatly enjoys practicing, and Charlie loves jumping from fountain to fountain. Around the time Charlie's hands were beginning to numb from repeated dips in the fountain, I announced it was time to head home.
We didn't go anywhere special or do anything particularly different, it was just one of those days.
One of those days when I love everything about being a mom.
Stop Punching Women In The Face
11 years ago

Those are my absolute favorite days too!!!! So glad you had one to enjoy!
ReplyDelete