Thursday, May 21, 2009

Intestinal Health is Underrated

Uuuuggghhh. It has been a rough several days, so the posts have been lacking. I managed to come down with a stomach bug that puts the Swine Flu to shame. Although the temptation to go on and on about how moms don't get sick days and the unfortunate accidents that can occur when chasing a preschooler and toddler around when you really should just be lying on the cold tile of the bathroom floor is overwhelming, I will restrain myself. Better to jump back in the saddle and move forward.
So before I came down with this wretched illness, we managed to get out for a birthday party to Monkey Joes (which, on second thought, is quite likely where I got it). As expected, Charlie had a wonderful time jumping and playing with his pals. What I didn't expect was how thrilled Anna would be about the enormous inflatables. I let her get in when there weren't many kids around to see what she would do, and she then pitched a fit every time I tried to take her out. It was a fun way to spend my last day of health...









2 comments:

  1. Feel better, woman. That bug is gut-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast the kiddos didn't get it too...and hopefully they wont! My mom put it perfectly when I got a nasty stomache bug 2 decembers ago. She said "One minute you are worried you are going to die, and then the next minute you are worried you are NOT going to die!"
    I am glad it is over! That is the only time in life that being a mom really does suck (sorry mom-I know you despise that word and if I were at home I am sure I would have gotten in trouble!)

    ReplyDelete