Friday, May 8, 2009

Practice Cake

I have been doing a little research on cake decorating (I adore being a stay-at-home mom, but I have to find things to put my energy into other than diaper changing and bottle-making) for Anna's birthday. I tried one out at Easter and made my second one today.

I am throwing a Birthday Party/The Divorce is Final Party for a girlfriend and decided to use the occasion to get a little more practice before Anna's Big Day.







The icing under the fondant needs a little work, but I'd say not too bad for my second shot!

4 comments:

  1. that's so cute!!!!!! way to go!!!! i'm like you and need to find an outlet and making my kids b'day cakes was just what i needed. i haven't tried fondant though. good luck with the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - it's brilliant! I've been toying with the idea of taking a cake decorating class myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi and I are sitting here reading your blog together and we are so impressed!!!! I need to start taking lessons from you now...forget the Internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good...when can we star our cake and cupcake biz?

    ReplyDelete