She sprints-crawls for the stairs at every opportunity, periodically looking back over her shoulder to see if I am on her trail. Once she gets to the stairs, she crawls up as fast as she can, knowing her time is limited. Her whole little body shivers with anticipation and she kicks and screams as soon as I remove her death grip from the carpet.
And her love of climbing is not limited to the stairs. If it can be climbed on, she will climb it. This is her latest favorite place to become stranded...
Although I knew her abilities were growing, I was not prepared for the Houdini Act she pulled this morning. We were in a small clothing store that has the dressing rooms with curtains for doors. (When am I going to learn nothing good comes of me, my children, and dressing rooms?) The rooms are very small, and we were the only ones in the store, so I left Anna in her stroller and Charlie with babysitting duty on the other side of the curtain while I tried on a few things. You can imagine my confusion when Charlie informed me, "Mommy, Anna got out of her stroller." Assuming he just wasn't correctly describing whatever was going on out there, I finished getting my clothes on before coming out to see what he meant.
My jaw hit the floor when I exited the dressing room to find Anna's stroller empty and one happy and free little magician crawling around on the floor.
My only assumption (because I have seen her come close before) is that she arched her back until she was able to shimmy between the snack tray and seat and then just free-fell the rest of the way onto the floor. The most amazing part is that she did this without making a sound.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we are going to have our hands full with this one...

Good thing she has an adorable smile!!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy! She's going to give you a run for your money!
ReplyDelete