Well, I typically use this blog to write about my kids, but I am in need of some advice that I figured would best be gained through this blog. And, technically, it is about my kids, considering the fact that bringing them into this world is what has created this problem for me. I am an addict. A coffee addict. Personally, I don't consider this a problem, and have no desire to correct it. The problem lies in the fact that my husband doesn't share this love for real, strong, flavorful coffee like I do. That's right coffee-lovers....he likes Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Something I equate to really hot bath water (used bath water), loaded with cream and sugar. Ugh. Not to mention the fact that they serve it boiling hot, so you spend the entire time it takes to consume the coffee focusing on the fact that you are scalding your insides rather than the fact that it tastes like toilet water. So ever since they began selling Dunkin' Donuts coffee in the grocery store, we have encountered a problem. I refuse to make two different pots of coffee each morning, but Will has decided that he does not like Starbucks and would prefer the non-coffee DD kind. Many mornings, the thought of a strong, hot cup of coffee is the only thing that can drag me from the peace and serenity of my bedroom into the beloved chaos that is my life; complete with poopy diapers, tempter tantrums, boogers, whining, crying, spitting, and shouting. So what's a coffee lover to do? I have scoured the stores in search of a coffee that meets both of our requirements for morning brew, but have been unsuccessful every time. (I should mention that I am pretty sure Will's only requirement is that it not say Starbucks on the package, because then he would be drinking real coffee, and thereby solving the problem). So, does anyone have any advice? Know of a coffee that tastes like Starbucks and packs the same punch?
Oh, and please, if you are a DD non-coffee lover, don't waste your time here trying to convince me. Trust me, it's a lost cause.
Stop Punching Women In The Face
11 years ago

How do I get so freakin behind! I thought I was caught up on your blog and low and behold I am behind by like 3 posts!
ReplyDeleteGlad to know swim lessons went well! we need to do those...
as for coffee, sadly I drink Kroger brand breakfast blend. I know it probobly sounds gross but I actually like it way better than any other kind of coffee I have made. Kyle doesn't like it b/c he thinks it is too strong (so that might be up your alley) and it does not say Starbucks on it - up Will's alley. However #1 I am not sure if you even have Kroger #2 It probobly tastes more like DD than Starbucks but next time you are in Nashville you have to give it a try!
did you get my email the other day??
Who doesn't love DD coffee? It is the only thing that gets my out of bed each and every day!!
ReplyDelete