Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ten Months, No Teeth

Baby girl turned ten months on Sunday. I know I say it every month, but it blows my mind.
I remember, when I was a kid, I wanted a puppy. Seems like your average childhood desire, but there was more to it than that. At every point in my life, I can remember having a dog that tagged along with me throughout our neighborhood from house to house. But at this time, I specifically wanted a puppy. Most importantly, I wanted a puppy that forever remained a puppy. There was something about their squishy little faces, soft fur, tiny razor-sharp teeth, and the way they hopped rather than ran with overflowing excitement simply to be alive. Although I obviously want a full life for my children in which they grow up, explore the world for themselves, and make a life of their own, I can't help but to sometimes feel as though I have come full circle back to those childhood days. The days of longing to freeze that brief moment in time when life is fresh and new. When the excitement to simply be alive makes one want to pounce rather than walk.
So here she is, just 2 months shy of 1 year old. Still very much a "puppy", but on the brink of toddlerhood. She is crawling quite well now, although she would still prefer to hold someone's hands and walk. She is wearing 24 month clothes (pick your jaw up from the floor) and is still sporting a toothless grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment