Over the past several weeks, I had begun to institute "Date Night" for just the two of us in which we would do something small, but special, together. Lately it has been swimming lessons or going out for dessert (poor kid has my sweet tooth). But this past weekend, we went out for what abc's The Bachelor would term a "Fantasy Date". We headed uptown Sunday evening for Playhouse Disney Live!. Our seats were on the floor just a few rows from the front. Although it didn't even come close to Disney On Ice (which we saw in October), we had a great time. I gave in and bought him a Little Einstein's light-up wand, which he adored. (Never mind the fact that it cost me $20 and broke on Monday. Morning. It didn't even survive 24 hours. Now that I think about it, I could have saved the $80 I spent on tickets to the show, bought him one of the wands, and shut him in a dark closet for a couple of hours. He would have had just as much fun.)
Near the end of the show, the kids got to go up to the stage and dance around. Now this he loved. At the close of the show, they released confetti from the ceiling and the pint-sized crowd went wild. Of course, they had to bring the big guns out at the end, so every kid in the place threw tantrums when you told them they had to leave. I bribed Charlie out with a promised stop at Cold Stone on the way home. We had so much fun spending the evening together and made some great memories for us both.
I think he would give me a rose...
The start of our date...the EpiCenter uptown.
If there is a sports car within a 20 miles radius, he will find it.
Photo opp with the $20 light wand thingy.
Handy Manny and his "tools".
Charlie's reaction when I told him we had to leave...

No comments:
Post a Comment